Friday 19 April 2024

BOOKS AND PAINTINGS UPDATE

Many of you (well, at least five) have asked what’s happened to my local nostalgia books.

 

Well, the simple answer is that they have run their course and I have no plans to do any more.

 

For the time being at least, I am focussing just on my ghost-written Cornish footballer autobiographies and, of course, this blog.  Plus my paintings, on which more in a mo.

 

All of which I love doing.

 

The Falmouth nostalgia books could easily have run on forever and a day, but I concluded that two books a year, along with my other commitments, was starting to get just a bit too much for this retired old codger.

 

As for my little foray into novel-writing, well, the plotting and writing were hugely enjoyable but ultimately a poor fit with everything else in my life; with the benefit of hindsight, I would probably have been wiser to have been guided by my head rather than my heart, and stayed well clear of it. Next life, perhaps!

 

My present book project – GAME OF TWO HALVES The Tommy Matthews Story – is now well advanced and should easily hit publication target of September/October this year.

 

In the meantime, I’ve now begun work on the next book after that – RAPPO’S WORLD OF FOOTBALL FUN – and secured one of the top names in Cornish football as my autobiography project for 2025-26.

 

As with all my fund-raising projects – books and paintings – all moneys go direct to Cancer Research UK.

 

Regarding those paintings, a goodly number of them, of course, have featured here and on social media over the last few months, with greatly encouraging results and comments.

 

You may like to know that you can see more of my paintings in the online artshop of my teacher Jeanni Grant-Nelson - https://www.visual-awareness.com/store/c16/Mike.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment